Popular make-up artist, Kuro Fred took to his Facebook timeline to narrate how he was harassed, abused and criminalized by the Nigerian Police in Ikeja. He was on his way to work, and they asked to see his phone. The pictures in his picture gallery. The messages in his inbox. They poured his bag contents on the pavement. All his work tools. Mostly damaged. Simply because he is a Make-Up Artist. Read has written on his Facebook timeline below.







With all the number of pick pockets and touts around Ikeja..me sitting in a taxi..wearing a teeshirt with the words *freedom,is now considered suspicious by the police..suspicious how?..they didn't say..I was stopped and searched twice by the police this morning..on *Billings way(after Unilever before the British passport office) and by the traffic light around Opebi..when you're coming from Oregun link road..it was just so annoying..and they searched my phones..pictures..folders hoping to find something to pin me with..lots of make up pictures and a box containing make up made them change tactic..*why are you in this line work..women's work..where is your ID card..why do you have 4 atm cards..?me telling them, *its my business ..got them irritated cause they interpreted it as me saying,"it's none of your business that I have 4atm cards or I'm in this line of work..when I meant..*the business is owned by me,I don't have an ID (business card not applicable when I showed them one..)..They sounded like I stole the make up and was running away with it..*oh..you'll follow us to our station and tell us where you're going with all this make up..they poured my stuff on the road..I was trying to pick it up..and the next thing they asked..*what are you trying to hide?..they were looking for ways to extort money from me..they made me arrive @ my shoot late..only in Lagos do the police act crazy in the name of *stop and search..the men from the first group were not so mean but they searched me thoroughly..







For info call him on 0809 844 9540, and you can see some of his works below.
























via alabamau2


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top